2024 Election: Ghana's government is what matters; I back the NPP and the NDC – Asantehene.


Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has made it clear that he backs both the National Democratic Congress (NDC) and the New Patriotic Party (NPP), stressing that the development of the country is his primary concern.
He urged both parties to focus on clean campaigns and emphasized that progress is the most important thing Ghana needs.

The Asantehene urged politicians to support policies that would assist the nation in achieving its developmental objectives.
This was what he said when Prof. Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang, the NDC's Vice-Presidential candidate, was presented to him in Kumasi on Friday.

Even though the NDC had nominated Prof. Opoku-Agyemang before the New Patriotic Party (NPP) selected Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, Asantehene questioned why the NDC did not introduce him to her.
However, as was typical of most Ghanaians, he urged Prof. Opoku-Agyemang to back John Dramani Mahama in his bid for a second term as president.

“I heard about Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang being chosen to support John Dramani Mahama, but I'm surprised the party didn't bother to tell me about her because she was chosen before the NPP chose their candidate for vice president.
“She promised that it would be done when I met her in Cape Coast during the Fetu Afahye and questioned why she had never been introduced to me. They have done the right thing, which makes me happy.
As Ghanaians, we all want a leader who cares about the country's citizens. The people who follow you believe that you will back John Dramani Mahama in his bid to become president once more.

“We are requesting that you launch a clean campaign and propose sound policies that will lead this nation. Matthew Opoku Prempeh has already been chosen by the NPP, and while it is true that he is Asanteman's son, I can confirm that you are all my children and that I support you all. "Development is what we want," Otumfuo stated.
For her part, Prof. Opoku-Agyemang asked the traditional ruler to bless her before the elections.
“I was chosen recently to support John Dramani Mahama, and I am prepared to do so. I am grateful that you have accepted me and provided me with direction. This is John Dramani Mahama's second time running for office. I know I was supposed to be here earlier to introduce myself, but I want to ask for your forgiveness for not doing so.

She stated, "I am here to seek good guidance and advice from you, and I know you are a father for all of us and will not hesitate to warn me when I am going wrong."

Put your suggestion please

Enregistrer un commentaire (0)
Plus récente Plus ancienne